1. MacBook Pro: A tool I wish I used less often.
2. Burt’s Bees Cuticle Cream: Originally given to me as a joke, but my cuticles now remain hydrated.
3. Unaccustomed Earth: My summer read by one of my favorite writers, Jhumpa Lahiri.
4. Keys: I try to keep my keys simple—the gold pig is for luck.
5. Fjällräven Kånken Backpack: It does the trick, but smells weird and peppery on rainy days.
6. Lumix LX5 Digital Camera: I still don’t know how to use it properly.
7. Field Notes County Fair Edition: A small reminder of my time in Providence, RI.
8. iPhone: For Tweeting! Also, the headphones are from a vending machine in an airport.
9. Pencil, Pen, and Sharpie: Thin, medium, and thick strokes, respectively.